Hi! I’m Sam and this is F-Perfection. Welcome to my first post on my first (real) blog. I’ve actually given this a go quite a few times in the past but never gave myself the time or effort to make it something I’m proud of. That’s what I hope this becomes, and I hope you enjoy it! Please feel free to take a poke around to check out what I’ve posted so far. First things first, though, I guess I should explain a few things and do some housekeeping.
What is F-Perfection?
I’m sure you’re wondering what the “F” stands for. It stands for exactly what you’re thinking. Yes, that dirty word.
As a lifelong, self-proclaimed, tried-and-true, overachieving perfectionist, perfection is something that has been more than just a goal to strive for. More often than not, for me, it’s what gets in the way of being truly happy.
This past year has been a year of clarity for me and let me tell you, it’s been a long time coming. I’ve spent more time in my almost 24 years of life struggling with the impossible end goal of perfection. Then I said f*** it. What am I so worried about making mistakes for? Why am I beating myself up over the choices I’ve made, whether it’s eating the damn cookie or texting the guy first? Why do I feel like I need to have it all together?
For me, the best thing about life is that it’s not perfect. I am so thankful for the life that I have and for everything that I’ve worked so hard for–but I’ll be the first to admit that I am a hot mess 99% of the time. And that’s being generous. This blog is going to be a place for me to be completely honest and open and write about things that happen to me, to people my age and to people in my life. It’s not going to be perfect but it’s going to be authentic. Because that’s all that really matters anyway, right?
Here’s the kind of posts you can expect from me:
- Ramblings about life, love, things that bug me or make me excited… anything and everything.
- My favorite things that I think people I know would love (this can be anything from what I binge watched to my favorite drink of the month)
- Fashion & beauty posts
- Music playlists, because music gets me through every single day
- Roundups of cool (or terrible) things that happened to me
- Food & cocktail ideas every now and then
- Guest posts from people I love, admire or just think are plain awesome about things they love, admire or have gone through to become the awesome people that they are
Generally, expect to get a good laugh at the joke that my life can be and if nothing else, at least you’ll get a solid playlist to blast on your way home from work every so often.
So, thanks for reading and please bear with me as I figure this out. Follow me on social media. Tell your friends or your mom to read this. It won’t be perfect—but f*** it— it will be fun.